A pleasant way to spend an evening: a big glass of wine, a bowl of candied nuts, and a presentation of ten non-fiction and ten fiction books by Ben McNally, proprietor of the eponymous independent bookstore.
Of course, we all left with some books we had purchased after the event.
Now I want to see if this worthy topic will post, because yesterday’s post refused to. (…403? why, oh why? It posted on Blogger.)
- Nobel Prize in Literature to Canadian Alice Munro (fsn.typepad.com)
- Independent bookstore owner panel at the Queen Anne Library branch this Sunday (queenanneview.com)
- Small independent bookstores are the new glittering lights on literary map (rbth.co.uk)
- Vive la Bookstore! (newyorker.com)
- Dzanc Books Independent Bookstore Program – Burke’s Books (emergingwriters.typepad.com)
- Is having a strong children’s section a secret to success for indie bookstores? (csmonitor.com)
- Why Working in a Bookstore is Everything You Want and More (litwarrior.com)