I finished reading Watering Heaven by Peter Tieryas Liu on the plane. Reading these stories was like crushing pomegranate kernels against the back of your teeth; like listening to pop music whilst popping popcorn; like dancing in a dark room with flashing strobe lights; like eating fresh sushi in a crowded mall. I think it is called “magical realism“?
I enjoyed it. Especially the hungry tapeworms of the mind… Reviews and ratings probably tell you more about the reviewer/critic than the writer or artist. Unless you do it for a living, as a job.
(He has a blog.)
- Punk Singer Gets A Brain Tapeworm From A Vegetarian Burrito (buzzfeed.com)
- Cat Tapeworm Symptoms (allergicpet.wordpress.com)
- An Old Man’s Liver Harbors Hundreds of Tapeworms (discovermagazine.com)
- don’t be a tapeworm (dontquitwin.com)
- Neurocysticercosis: Pork Tapeworm Larvae Eating Up The Human Brain (Video) (infiniteunknown.net)