Invidia is one of the Seven Sins Series. You could go with Envy, or (if the Divine Comedy of that doesn’t appeal) you could see the green dog in the shapes of the moon landscape, which might be more pleasant, after all. There is something else called a moon dog:
“A moon dog, moondog, or mock moon, (scientific name paraselene, plural paraselenae, i.e. “beside the moon”) is a relatively rare bright circular spot on a lunar halo caused by the refraction of moonlight by hexagonal-plate-shaped ice crystals in cirrus or cirrostratus clouds.” (via Wikipedia).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
- The Secrets of Moondogs (universetoday.com)
- A ring of illuminated ice crystals encircle an Alaskan moon (io9.com)
- “Lunar halo” appears over Deep South (wafb.com)
- Why was There a Ring Around the Moon Last Night? (arkansasmatters.com)
- A Quadruple Lunar Halo Over Spain (ikkaispace.wordpress.com)