Today’s prompt was to include five words from a list which you can see at the link. I also tried out the Heroic Verse form:
“Heroic Verse has passed the test of time:
Iambic feet in couplets linked by rhyme,
Its non-stanzaic structure simply screams
For well-developed tales and epic themes.”
So: Heroic Dino
Let’s learn about a most amazing find
of the seven-vertebrae-and-svelte-rib kind
There’s a new old therapod in town:
Dahalokely tokana its noun.
The find from Madagascar nonpareil,
is not rodomontade, ‘glad to say.
This lonely little bandit carnivore
did not abscond from African shore.
Age of ninety million years we’re told
by those miraculous paleontologists so bold…, etc.
(Hat Tip to The Integrative Paleontologists on PLOS Blogs: Madagascar’s Lonely Little Thief by Andrew Farke)
- New Meat-Eating Dinosaur Found on Madagascar: ‘Lonely Small Bandit’ (latinospost.com)
- New Dinosaur Species Narrows Fossil Record Gap In Madagascar (natureworldnews.com)
- New species of dinosaur discovered in Madagascar (independent.co.uk)
- Madagascar dinosaur discovery knocks 20 million years off fossil record gap (wired.co.uk)
- New carnivorous dinosaur from Madagascar raises more questions than it answers (oddonion.com)
- New carnivorous dinosaur from Madagascar raises more questions than it answers (phys.org)
- New species of dinosaur discovered: ‘The lonely small bandit’ (express.co.uk)
- New carnivorous dinosaur from Madagascar raises more questions than it answers (esciencenews.com)